Please find the attached announcement of Christopher Fletcher, director of the journal Études Inuit Studies.
Numéros publiés / Back issues
Mémoire et histoireMemory and History
Volume 23, numéro 1, 2, 1999
Sommaire / Contents
- Ole MarquardtA critique of the common interpretation of the great socio-economic crisis in Greenland 1850-1880: The case of Nuuk and Qeqertarsuatsiaat
- Joëlle Robert-LamblinFamily, village and town: Dynamics of social change in Eastern Greenland during the years from 1960 to 1990
- Soren T. ThuesenLocal identity and history of a Greenlandic town: The making of the town of Sisimiut (Holsteinsborg) from the 18th to the 20th century
- Niels H. FrandsenLiteracy and literature in North Greenland 1791-1850
- Frédéric LaugrandMyth as a tool of memory. Remembrance and interpretation of a passage from Genesis by an Inuit elder from Baffin Island
- Yvon CsonkaA stereotype further dispelled: Inuit-Dene relations west of Hudson Bay, 1920-1956
- François TrudelAutobiographies, memory and history: Research paths among the Inuit
- Elke NowakThe "Eskimo language" of Labrador: Moravian missionaries and the description of Labrador Inuttut 1733 - 1891
- Paule McNicoll & Frank Tester & Peter KulchyskiArctic abstersion : The Book of Wisdom for Eskimo, modernism and Inuit assimilation
Note de recherche / Research note
- Nobuhiro KishigamiWhy do Inuit move to Montreal? A research note on urban Inuit
- Lars KrutakSt. Lawrence Island joint-tattooing: Spiritual / medicinal functions and inter-continental possibilities
Recensions / Book reviews
BJERREGAARD Peter and T. Kue YOUNG, The Circumpolar Inuit Health of a Population in Transition (Louise Bujold).
BRIGGS, Jean, Inuit Morality Play: The Emotional Education of a Three Year Old (Edmund Searles).
BURCH, Ernest S. Jr., The Iñupiaq Eskimo Nations of Northwest Alaska (Bill Schneider).
CHOQUE, Charles, Guy Mary-Rousselière, 1913-1994, (Frédéric Laugrand).
EBER, Dorothy Harley, Images of Justice (Pierre Rousseau).
FREEMAN, Milton M. R., Lyudmila BOGOSLOVSKAYA, Richard A. CAULFIELD, Ingmar EGEDE, Igor I. KRUPNIK, and Marc G. STEVENSON, Inuit, Whaling, and Sustainability (Edmund Searles).
HALL, Edwin S., Jr., The Eskimo Storyteller. Folktales from Noatak, Alaska (Christopher H. Paci).
KASTEN, Erich (ed.), Bicultural education in the North: Ways of preserving and enhancing indigenous peoples' languages and traditional knowledge (Perry Shearwood).
OAKES, Jill and Rick RIEWE (eds.), Issues in the North, vols. 1-3 (Nelson Graburn and Pamela Stern).
RASMUSSEN, Knud, Across Arctic America. Narrative of the Fifth Thule Expedition, with an introduction by Terrence Cole (Ludger Müller-Wille).
Essai bibliographique / Book review essay
HELMER, James W.
Fifty years of arctic research at the National Museum of Denmark